Menu 
 
 
 
A Pair of Regency Card Tables

H: 29.5 in / 74 cm  |  W: 36 in / 91 cm  |  D: 18 in / 45 cm

Description

Constructed in Gonçalo Alves, and dressed with extensive brass marquetry work; rising from quadripartite swept legs terminating in brass anthemion decorated toes with inset brass castors, conjoining incurved rectangular plinths having gadrooned mouldings; the tapering swept rectangular columns support the swivelling hinged radiused corner tops, opening to reveal green baize playing surfaces, with raised tablets to the fascias.
Circa 1820.

Literature

The prolific usage of brass marquetry work in England was employed by various distinguished cabinet makers including Thomas Parker and Louis le Gaigneur of London, both of whom supplied items to the Prince Regent for Carlton House and the Brighton Pavilion.

REF No. 8949

Recently viewed