Menu 
 
 
 
A Pair of St James's Club Library Armchairs

H: 40 in / 101 cm  |  W: 30.5 in / 77 cm  |  D: 32 in / 80 cm

Description

Pair of Victorian Library Armchairs From the Naval & Military Club of St James

Constructed in oak, rising from turned and lobed front legs, having sabre legs to the rear; the show wood shaped frames have slab carving to the side rails with scrolled uppers, the seats and backs upholstered, dressed with carved lions heads terminals to the arms.
Circa 1870

Provenance

Founded in 1862, the Naval & Military Club, also known as the 'In and Out Club' is established in St James, as a base for men and women serving in the armed forces.

REF No. 8681

Recently viewed