makers / Raingo Frères
The Raingo business was founded in 1813, and around 1830 appeared at eight Rue de Touraine. The four Raingo brothers were first recognized as clockmakers, but in 1841, they added art bronzes and furnishings to their repertoire. As in 1860, the Raingo house furnished bronzes to the Emperor and Empress, and owned an important store of exhibition pieces as well. At first they made reproductions of antiques, and then proceeded to works by contemporary artist, casts a small number of models. Among the artists whose work was cast by Raingo Frères are Pradier, Carrier-Belleuse, and Auguste Moreau.