H: 31 in / 79 cm | Dia: 32 in / 81.5 cmDescription
Constructed in mahogany, with gilt bronze ornamentation; four tapering legs with ormolu toupie feet, conjoined with an incurved and galleried undertier housing a Bleu de Savoie marble supports the ceinture, with further ormolu trophy dressings and a single drawer, and having an ormolu galleried platform over.
Stamped to the underside 'G. Durand'.
French, Circa 1880
Specialising in the production of 18th century style furniture of the finest quality, Gervais-Maximillien-Eugène Durand (b.1839), working at 12 Rue de la Cerisaie, and later 23 Rue Beautreillis exhibited at the Universelle Exposition of Paris in 1889, gaining a silver medal, and the praise of the judges, who compared their work with that of Beurdeley and Dasson With his son Frederic-Louis joining him around 1890, the firm changed its name to Durand et Fils.REF No. 8970
You may also like
A Fine Bureau Plat in the Manner of André-Charles Boulle
A Monumental Ormolu Mirror Exhibited at the Exposition Universelle, Paris 1889 By Henry Dasson of Paris Henry Dasson (1825 - 1896)
'Odalisque' By Baron Charles Arthur Bourgeois
A Garniture de Cheminée in The Egyptian Manner
A Six-Piece Dressing Set By Gustave Keller of Paris
A Pair of Marble and Alabaster Candelabra By Henry Dasson